I feel as though Chinese Medicine Practitioners are My People. We just “get” each other, and tend to approach life in a unique way.
There’s just something very cool about the whole way that Chinese Medicine Practitioners operate.
We tend to be:
- open-minded, flexible and adaptable
- extremely comfortable with the grey areas in life, and somewhat OK with the unknown
- good at knowing what to do even if we don’t “know”
- (as well as not really realising that this is even a thing, that most other people just don’t generally do)
- seeing everything as relative or contextual within the whole
- seeing things in fractals/ holograms/ micro-within-macrocosms
- switching lenses to see problems from several angles – sometimes simultaneously
- (and again – probably not even realising that this is happening and that it’s pretty cool)
- being pragmatic and philosophical in the same breath
- being both deeply caring and giving tough love that people thank us for
- holding space for transformation
- making sense for people in scary health experiences
- and of course, wearing scarves.
(We are really great at that last one. But equally great at all the other stuff too.)
And there’s one more important superpower – we love to learn.
If you can see yourself in the superpowers described above, and would like to belong to a community of learners just like you, then join us on the Collaborative Learning page.
Photo by ActionVance on Unsplash